You can’t even tell there’s zucchini under all of that cheese!! 😉
I got a bunch of zucchini at the farmer’s market last weekend. After making zucchini noodles once, I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it. This zucchini “pizza” came to my mind…because let’s face it, everything tastes better with cheese on top.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s kid and picky-eater friendly. No matter how picky you are, there’s no WAY you could possibly pass up anything that tastes like pizza, right?!
It’s also super easy, requiring just a few ingredients: zucchini, marinara sauce, 3 types of cheese, oregano and garlic.
You’ll start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees, and slicing the zucchini into slices of your desired thickness. They should be at least 1/4-1/3 inch thick. Place the slices on a baking sheet. THEN you’ll add about a teaspoon of marinara sauce to each slice, followed by a teaspoon of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Stop there if you’re fine with just plain cheese, otherwise sprinkle a teaspoon of oregano and garlic powder over all of the slices.
When they’re ready to go, place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Finish by topping them with parmesan cheese. You can also add other toppings of your choice, such as pepperoni or extra chopped veggies! (*See the official recipe at the bottom of the post)
Because I LOVE spicy, I added red pepper flakes to mine. It adds a nice little kick.
When you take them out of the oven, they will look something like this:
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- Marinara sauce (1 tsp per zucchini slice)
- Mozzarella cheese (1 tsp per zucchini slice)
- Cheddar cheese (1 tsp per zucchini slice)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini to desired thickness. They should be about ¼-1/3 inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon 1 tsp of marinara sauce onto each zucchini slice.
- Then, add 1 tsp of mozzarella cheese and 1 tsp of cheddar cheese to the slices.
- Sprinkle oregano and garlic evenly over the "pizzas." Do the same with red pepper flakes and any other spices you want to add.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is soft.
- Place desired amount of Parmesan cheese over the pizzas.
They’re so good, even Winston approves!