These zucchini pizza bites make a perfect appetizer or side dish. Plus, they’re sure to be enjoyed by all ages…kids included!
I got a bunch of zucchini at the farmer’s market last weekend. After making zucchini noodles once, I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it. This zucchini “pizza” came to my mind…because let’s face it, everything tastes better with cheese on top.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s kid and picky-eater friendly. No matter how picky you are, there’s no WAY you could possibly pass up anything that tastes like pizza, right?!
It’s also super easy, requiring just a few ingredients: zucchini, marinara sauce, cheese, oregano and garlic.
You’ll start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and slicing your zucchini into 1/2 – 1 inch sized pieces. Place the slices on a baking sheet. THEN you’ll add about a teaspoon of marinara sauce to each slice, followed by sprinkling some oregano and minced garlic over the top.
After the zucchini roasts in the oven, you’ll finish by topping the zucchini slices with cheese, and any other toppings of your choice such as pepperoni or extra chopped veggies!
Because I LOVE spicy, I added red pepper flakes to mine. It adds a nice little kick.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- Marinara sauce (1 tsp per zucchini slice)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini into ½ - 1 inch sized pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been greased.
- Spoon 1 tsp of marinara sauce onto each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper over the top of the zucchini slices.
- Place zucchini in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes over the top, and enjoy!
Enjoy! I hope you love them!