In case you didn’t know…it’s SPRING!
As much as I get sick of long Minnesota winters, I’m quite thankful for them. Otherwise, I don’t think I would appreciate the shining sun and warmer weather come spring time.
When this season rolls around, my body shifts to craving more fresh salads, rather than wanting hot foods all the time. Who else is with me?! There’s really nothing better than fresh veggies on a beautiful spring day.
I actually created this broccoli salad for my family on Easter, and it has a hit! That’s kind of a big deal. You should probably try it, too.
This recipe is EXCELLENT for any spring gatherings you have coming up. And it gets bonus points because its high in lots of nutrients, including vitamin C and fiber.
- 12 oz bag of broccoli florets (Or use 1-2 bunches of broccoli)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I used Primal Kitchen mayo)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1.5 oz box of raisins
- A few sprinkles of poppyseeds (optional)
- A sprinkle of feta and cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the broccoli florets and chopped bell pepper together in a large bowl.
- Combine veggies with the mayo and Greek yogurt.
- Add the sunflower seeds, sundried tomatoes and raisins. Mix well.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds, feta cheese and cheddar cheese on top, or mix-in if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future recipes by subscribing to the Fresh Fit Flourish newsletter below!