I don’t know about you, but I’m ALL over the strawberries come summertime.
I’m also ALL over the smoothies…so why not get two amazing things out of one by making this refreshing Layered Strawberry Banana Smoothie?!
There’s something about “layered” smoothies. They’re just so pretty and more fun to drink. This definitely won’t be the last layered smoothie recipe you see from me…because they are the best.
This concoction is extremely simple – all it takes is strawberries, bananas, almond milk and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. It’s fairly low in calories, so it probably won’t cut it as a “meal,” but you can certainly have it as a snack or fuel for a workout. With the added Collagen Peptides, it has a whole 21 grams of protein per serving.
What ARE collagen peptides?! Well, collagen is the most abundant protein in the body – it’s responsible for maintaining the integrity of your skin, hair, tendons, cartilage, bones and joints. Vital Proteins sources their collagen peptides from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides. Since I started using collagen peptides, I’ve noticed serious improvements in my skin! Collagen peptides are in powder form, so all you have to do is add it to a smoothie or beverage and you’re good to go with a dose of healing protein.
Learn more about collagen peptides by clicking here, or click on the photo below!
- First layer:
- ¾ cup strawberries (frozen)
- ⅔ cup almond milk, or however much you need to get the strawberries blended to a smooth consistency (unsweetened vanilla flavor tastes great!)
- Second layer:
- 1 banana (frozen works best)
- ⅔ cup almond milk, or however much you need to get the banana blended to a smooth consistency (unsweetened vanilla flavor tastes great!)
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Use a blender to combine the first layer ingredients, and pour into a smoothie-friendly glass. Rinse out the blender, and do the same for the second layer ingredients. Pour on top of the first layer and enjoy!
Xoxo, RD Bri
*This post contains affiliate links. This means there’s a tracking code associated with the link that allows me to earn a small commission for the sale. The price for you is the same whether you purchase through my link or not. I only affiliate with products that I approve of or use myself. You don’t have to use my links, but if you do, it helps support Fresh.Fit.Flourish so that we can continue to create content. Thank you in advance for your support!!*