Hi! How are YOU doing?! I hope your week is going swell. I’m writing this as we are getting our 17th blizzard of the winter, so that’s fun. I thought I’d share these No Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Balls with you to make the week even more fun.
If you’ve never had energy balls before, you’re missing out. They are incredibly easy to make, healthy and delicious, especially if you’re an on-the-go individual. You can take these with you anywhere….and they’re kid & adult friendly. Win win.
Here are a few reasons why these are healthy (and why you should make them NOW!):
- High in protein, with 3 grams per ball – this is great for promoting fullness. All you need is 1 or 2 for a snack and you’ll stay satisfied between meals!
- A good source of healthy fats. The flaxseed, chia seeds and nut butter provide some unsaturated fatty acids, which help with reducing inflammation, keeping your brain healthy and appetite control.
- Oats, flaxseed, chia seeds, nut butter and dried cherries are all sources of fiber, which is helpful for good digestion and heart health. Fiber works alongside protein and healthy fats to keep you full, too!
- Just 1 ball provides 12% of your daily needs for magnesium and phosphorus, which are minerals that you need for bone health, maintaining energy levels, proper sleep, brain function and more.
- These energy balls are also a source of copper, selenium, zinc, vitamin E and B vitamins, which are all required for your overall health.
- Dried cherries (especially tart dried cherries) provide polyphenol antioxidants, which are associated with health benefits, including less oxidative damage and reduced risk of several diseases from heart disease to cancer.
- A quick source of calories: when the hunger hits, all you need to do is munch on a couple of these energy balls and you’ll be good to go until your next meal.
As if you don’t have enough reasons to try these energy balls, they are also reeeeaaaallllllyyyyy yummy. They’ll satisfy a sweet tooth and a snack craving. I love keeping a bunch of these in my fridge so I can grab & go when I need something quick and filling.
- 2 cups oats, dry
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups nut butter
- 1½ cup dried cherries
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You could also use a food processor to combine them.
- If the "dough" seems dry, add a little water (around ½ teaspoon at a time) until you reach your desired consistency.
- Roll into small balls and store in the refrigerator or freezer.