This Peanut Butter Cup Banana smoothie is exactly what you need to start your day off on a healthy and delicious kick!
Everyone loves peanut butter cups. The creaminess, the chocolate, the peanut butter. Mmmmmm. Peanut butter cups have always been one of my favorite types of candy. So I decided to make them into a smoothie – a HEALTHY smoothie, that’s full of nutrients, protein, and healthy fats.
Confession: this smoothie doesn’t actually have peanut butter cups in it, but it DOES have their same creamy, peanut-buttery, chocolatey taste that most of us can’t get enough of. Plus a few surprise ingredients, including avocado! Yes, you can add avocados to smoothies (they add creaminess that you won’t want to miss out on!)…and no, you can’t taste it. If avocados aren’t already a part of your diet, adding them to smoothies is a great place to start!
You can enjoy this peanut butter cup banana smoothie as a balanced breakfast. A lot of times, smoothies aren’t super filling and leave you feeling hungry an hour after drinking them…but that’s not the case with this one. It will keep you full and beaming with peanut butter cup happiness.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ of an avocado
- 1 or 2 tbsp of cocoa powder (depending on your love for chocolate!)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)
- Optional: 1 tbsp peanut powder (I used this because I love the extra peanut butter flavor that it adds, but you can also add more regular peanut butter)
- Optional: Add some spinach for a dose of veggies!
- Toppings: chocolate chips, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, oats, whatever you'd like!
- Note: You can add or omit ingredients from the smoothie, depending on your preferences.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until well-combined.
- You may need to add some extra liquid to make it less thick & easier to blend.
Want more smoothie recipes?! Subscribe to the Fresh Fit Flourish Newsletter by entering your email into the box below.