In case you didn’t know…it’s SPRING!
As much as I get sick of long Minnesota winters, I’m quite thankful for them. Otherwise, I don’t think I would appreciate the shining sun and warmer weather come spring time.
When this season rolls around, my body shifts to craving more fresh salads, rather than wanting hot foods all the time. Who else is with me?! Let’s be real, I do love eating hot foods all year long, but there’s really nothing better than fresh veggies on a beautiful spring day.
I actually created this broccoli salad for my family on Easter, and it has a hit! That’s kind of a big deal. You should probably try it, too.
What makes it EXTRA delicious is the mayo. Now, I was never a huge an of mayo until I discovered Primal Kitchen mayo. You guys, it’s so good. What makes it unique from other types of mayo is that the ingredient list is short & sweet (eggs, avocado oil, vinegar, rosemary extract and sea salt) and it’s made with avocado oil instead of canola oil and the like. I STRONGLY recommend this product, and encourage you to check it out by clicking on the photo below!
This recipe is EXCELLENT for any spring gatherings you have coming up. And it gets bonus points because its high in lots of nutrients, including vitamin C and fiber.
- 12 oz broccoli florets (buy a bag or use 1-2 bunches)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I use Primal Kitchen mayo)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1.5 oz box of raisins
- A few sprinkles of poppyseeds (optional)
- A sprinkle of feta and cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the broccoli florets and chopped bell pepper together in a large bowl.
- Combine veggies with the mayo and Greek yogurt.
- Add the sunflower seeds, sundried tomatoes and raisins. Mix well.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds, feta cheese and cheddar cheese on top, or mix-in if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.