Even though I don’t know a lot about football (besides the fact that I’m a Vikings fan), I love the traditions that the sport can create. For example, I’ll never forget all of the gatherings my fam used to have for the Vikings games when my cousins and I were kids. We’d all get together, eat snacks, and watch the Vikes do their thing. I also have some fond memories from my college days…I went to a school in Wisconsin so of course there were constant battles between the Packers and the Vikings fans,which was always exciting to be a part of 🙂
The Superbowl is another football tradition that I love. What I love most about it is the FOOD, of course (surprise, surprise). That’s what these sweet potato BLT bites are for: your Superbowl party! You really can’t go wrong with something that includes roasted sweet potatoes + bacon. Plus, they’re a bit healthier than your typical Superbowl snacks. Your friends and family will be sure to love them.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked, cut into small squares
- 5-6 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium leaf romaine lettuce, ripped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the olive oil and seasoning salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the sweet potatoes. Then, roast sweet potatoes in the oven for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, slide a cube of sweet potato, slice of tomato, piece of lettuce and piece of bacon onto a toothpick. You will be able to make about 15-20 of these with this recipe. You can double the recipe if you are going to be serving more people.
Who are YOU rooting for to win the Superbowl this year?!